Saturday, March 12, 2011

Glass Fishing Bobber Potential

Glass Fishing Bobber Is Bugged

This week I received a tweet (Follow me @SSmith0911) from a follower asking about my thoughts on the Glass Fishing Bobber Speculation.  Truth be told, I had no idea what he was talking about.  So I had to look into the item and see what the fuss is.  The Glass Fishing Bobber is broken.  Clicking it does nothing and it is supposed to be fixed in a future patch or hotfix.  Currently it is still broken.

Glass Fishing Bobber is an item that is sometimes (5%) obtained from within the New Cataclysm Fishing daily quest reward Bag of Shiny Things

Item Speculation

The speculation arises because it is unclear what the item actually will do.  It is a level one item that awards +15 Fishing, but does it add a permanent skill gain?  Is it a temporary buff?  Is it only going to be usable when applied to a fishing pole?  Is it a consumable?  No one really knows for sure, but I am leaning towards this item being a temporary buff and not worth much at all. 

The Glass Fishing Bobber is a level 1 item and only has a 5% drop chance from within the bags.  When clicked on the item effect on wowhead it comes up as a temporary buff.  If it is just a temporary buff, ten why is it only found 15% of the time?  Hence people are speculating and hoping that it turns into a permanent buff item when fixed.

My Advice

So my advice would be to save any of these bobbers you get from your fishing reward bags.  I wouldn't go out of my way to hunt these down, but if you see them for a few gold, then they may be worth picking up and hoping for a positive result once they are patched.


You can follow the discussion over on the Consortium Forums - New Speculation Play: Glass Fishing Bobbers.  If you haven't been to the Consortium Forums, then I highly recommend that you sign up and join the discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. If reading in a feed, please visit the main site for comments.