Friday, March 11, 2011

Humble Beginnings & Defining Moments - March Gold Blogging Carnival #3


Cold's Gold Blogging Carnival

Welcome to the March edition of Cold's Gold Blogging Carnival. These carnivals will continue to take place the 11th day of every month and will be hosted here at Cold's Gold Factory. All World of Warcraft bloggers are welcome to participate and feedback both here and on the original authors' sites is strongly encouraged. So show some support and please leave some feedback in the comments section. These bloggers put a lot of time and hard work into these blogging carnival posts so please leave comments and feedback.
If you would like to be included in the next month's carnival, please review the guidelines for Cold's Gold Blogging Carnivals and submit your link via email (ssmith0911 at live dot com) before the 10th of the month. Read up on the benefits of participating in blogging carnivals at my other blog designed to help new bloggers, Blogging Vitals.  Carnival articles are listed in the order they are received. Thank you to all the bloggers participating in this months carnival! And without further ado, I present to you this month's participants answering the question:

What was your defining moment?  The moment when the light bulb came on and you decided to start auctioning or collecting gold.

This month we have a nice collections of stories for helping those goblins that are aspiring to be great WoW gold makers. We started from humbling beginnings, just like you.  If you are new to the auction house game or are just curious about getting started be sure to listen to your elders. We have gone before you and can teach you many things. Also remember to check out the Gold Guide over at 20k Leveling - another great resource to get you up and running and making tons of gold in no time. Be sure to check out AuctionHouseJunkies.com for the podcast on making gold hosted by myself and Wes of Capped By Cata.

This month's topic was inspired by my original post:

The Tale Of A Gorilla Hunter by Cold of Cold's Gold Factory


The Participating Entries

How I Got Addicted To The Auction House by Bangkok Bill of Bangkok Bill's World of Goldcraft

"While there is only one question I have two answers, because I decided to start auctioning and collecting gold at very different times. With regards to using the AH WAY too much that pretty much started my first or second day of playing WoW (I've been playing since Vanilla). I've always loved games that allowed trading and the AH seemed to me the best way to do that."



From Rag To Riches: My Adventures In Auctioneering by Vince of Bank of Wukam

"I'd like to say how awesome I think this topic is. Sometimes, amid our piles and piles of gold, it's easy to forget our humble beginnings, when scraping together enough gold for riding training, a mount, or even the repair bill was a grueling process. Though I shudder to think of those days, reflecting on your roots can be quite enlightening. I hope that this carnival will inspire any would-be goblins that may be discouraged by seemingly futile efforts to earn gold when compared to those of us who blog about it."


How I Turned 43 Gold Into 5000 by Kuja of Kuja's Gold Mine

"This method is the one that sparked my interest in some hardcore gold making. My goal has since been to reach the gold cap itself, and infact I did reach it before they raised the gold cap not long ago (It's a whopping million now, almost)!"


My Defining Moment by Kathroman of Break The Bank

"I’m going to break the rules. Anyone who knows me, or anyone who has been reading for a bit and is starting to catch on, will know this isn’t unusual. I mean, “break” is in the title of the blog – come on. Anyway, I’m going to offer 2 defining moments…gasp! The first defining moment is the one that started me down the “golden” road in the first place. The second one is the moment I knew I was on the right path."


This Auction House Junkie's Defining Moment by Cort of Stylish Black Shirt

"I started looking for other things to do. In my searches of the interwebs, I found some posts by a guy who called himself Griffs the Grifter, who chronicled his auction house experiences on the WoW forums. I was fascinated. Seeing that I'd basically Forrest Gumped my way to level 40, I was barely even aware that there was an AH. I started looking around for opportunities. I found one or two. I was doing okay, I guess, but nothing spectacular. Then my defining moment came."
 

"I did what any man would do, I became a greedy goblin, I now live to get the most wealth I can to be the richest I can and buy the entire world."

"Gather around children because Old Grandpa Flux is going to tell you a story about making gold back in the day. Back in a time when flying mounts were slower than ground mounts.
Back in a time when we fed our pets Roasted Clefthoof and the Track Treasure was actually useful! Pull up a seat and settle in as we take a trip down memory lane."


My Moment Of Shame by Faid of Nerf Faids

"When I saw the topic for Cold's Gold Factory's blogging carnival this month my heart sunk. There are many stories I have about my building myself up to the point I can make gold rather easily that I'm at now. Some of the stories are funny, some are sad. 

But one is shameful. I've not wanted to talk about it because I feel that saying it may draw ire upon me or even get me into trouble, but I feel it's time to come clean."


What was my defining moment? by XanderEragon of Xander's Gold Mine

"My response was “THE AUCTION HOUSE…WHERE YOU CAN BUY AND SELL ITEMS?” The player responds, “Yes silly, what else would you do there?” At this point it was like heavens opened up and a ray of light was shining down around the Auction house, with the song Hallelujah (fast tempo) was playing. This is the best news I heard my long road of being broke came to an end."


Going Back Old School by Wes of Capped By Cata

"Hello hello hello! Welcome new readers who Cold has graciously allowed me to borrow for a few moments. I'm going back Old School today with this months carnival topic. We all had a defining moment. Mine was the subject of my very first post here at Capped By Cata some 8 months ago. In fact, it was a post that has probably been read very little so here it is!"





Which Entry Was Your Favorite Story and Which Entry Can You Most Identify With?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting this carnival. I had a blast thinking back to my early days.

    We were all so naive! Everyone has to start somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be doing something wrong, as every time I participate in a Blogging Carnival my post is not mentioned at all.

    Sigh, whatever... here it is:
    The Vayaz: Gold Reaping Business

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many entry in this post ,i will have something to read this weekend ,yes i will.
    Thanks Also Cold for the chance to post in this Carnival.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. If reading in a feed, please visit the main site for comments.