Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Reader Submission: Gold Moving Service Guide

Gold Moving Service | Alliance <=> Horde


Creating A Cross-Faction Gold Moving Service

Today I present to you a nice gold tip from a reader here at Cold's Gold Factory.  This guide to starting your own Gold Moving Service on your server is from Flenser of the Maelstrom Server.

Reader Submission:

Since I am leaving WoW for a while and I have enjoyed your site and your podcast, I thought I would pass along a business model I have been using successfully for a while.

Requirements for this model:

1) Characters on both the Horde and Alliance Side
2) Cash Reserves on both sides.

What you do is Bark on both sides.  In my case I use something like

"Flenser's Gold moving service.  Starting a horde toon and want to move some gold over,  for a small fee (10%) I can help.  Save yourself the time, risk and cost of the Neutral AH (15%).  Satisfaction guaranteed."

If someone is worried about you walking off with their money, I just say I'm a level 85 toon with an established presence on the server.  If I steal from you, simply submit a ticket and tell a GM that I scammed you and they will make my life very unpleasant.

This is a simple way to make gold, with a minimal amount of risk and effort.  Plus you will end up with repeat customers if the process is simple and quick for them.

I have probably made 10-15k this way.  Just requires an occasional bark.  Eventually people will come to you, without you having to bark.  Its a very useful service.

If you use my tip,  I expect a shout out on the podcast.  
 
I'm Flenser on Maelstrom.
Response To Cross-Faction Gold Moving Service

Thanks for the great tip Flenser! And of course you will get your shout-out on Auction House Junkies.  This is a great idea.  I had thought of this myself, but never got around to testing out the strategy since I haven't made any Alliance characters.  Once summer is over and my work hours are less crazy, I will be taking advantage of the free account for WoW veterans.  Once that second free account is up and running and I am working on cross-faction gold making, I will give this a try myself.

When I played Ultima Online, I transferred servers to join real life friends.  I utilized the very same type of service when transferring from server to server.  The guy I used, Mr. Bigg, was offering the same service for a 10% fee.  Mr. Bigg is even mentioned in an awesome book about making real money in virtual markets.


Enjoy The Posts Here at Cold's Gold Factory? Check Out Cold's Mysterious Fortune Card Mastery Gold Making Guide To Get You Started. This Guide Can Be Applied To Multiple Markets Not Just Barking MFCs.  Be sure to check out the special code that expires tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. If reading in a feed, please visit the main site for comments.