|WoW Companion Pets Turning To Rare Battle Pets|
(Click to Enlarge Image)
Companion pets are converting to battle pets in Mists of Pandaria. Some pets will become rare battle pets and will be blue in color. These are the main pets to focus on collecting and stockpiling for Mists of Pandaria. As I discussed in yesterday's post on liquidating your holiday pets, rare pets will have more stats and will be more powerful. This will create more demand for the rare pets as they simply are just better stat wise and level faster than non-rare pets.
Many of the current companion pets that are becoming rare battle pets are very hard to obtain. Many of them require cash for their purchase or are awarded from hard achievements, token grinds, or very rare world drops within the World of Warcraft. Let's dig deeper into the list of companion pets turning rare and find their sources.
Identifying The Sources For The 90 Rare Converting Pets
5 Are Obtained From Archaeology
- Clockwork Gnome
- Crawling Claw
- Fossilized Hatchling
- Pterrodax Hatchling
- Voodoo Figurine
Looking for a reason to resume leveling up your Archaeology profession? Well, here's five reasons and account wide mounts are also coming in MoP, so you can get that Fossilized Raptor mount for all your characters too.
7 Come From Fishing
- Chuck - (Outlands Fishing Dailies)
- Muckbreath - (Outlands Fishing Dailies)
- Snarly - (Outlands Fishing Dailies)
- Toothy - (Outlands Fishing Dailies)
- Strand Crawler (Northrend, Orgrimmar, & Stormwind Dailies)
- Giant Sewer Rat (Fished Up In Dalaran Underbelly)
- Magical Crawdad (Wish Granted From Mr. Pinchy)
I plan to level the Magical Crawdad From Mister Pinchy first and foremost as my main battle pet, since he has always been my favorite companion pet and he made the rare pet conversion list.
1 Is Obtained While Mining
- Elementium Geode (Elem. & Rich Elem. Veins in Twilight Highlands, Deepholme, & Uldum)
The Geode is BoE and can be picked up off the auction house. I've been stocking them away for a while now myself.
7 Are Achievement Awards From Collecting Pets
- Stinker (50 Pets - Shop Smart, Shop Pet...Smart)
- Little Fawn (75 Pets - Lil' Game Hunter)
- Nuts (100 Pets - Petting Zoo)
- Brilliant Kaliri (125 Pets - Menagerie)
- Celestial Dragon (150 Pets - Littlest Pet Shop)
- Feral Vermling (Capture 250 Battle Pets - Master Pet Hunter) MoP
- Jade Tentacle (Earn 300 Battle Pet Ach. Points - Time To Open A Pet Store) MoP
Running out of bank space to store all the pets you've collected? Just go ahead and learn them on an alt and try to get extras of these collector achievements on multiple characters. They will save you storage space, you will get them refunded back to you, and you may just pick up an extra skunk, fawn, or squirrel to sell come Mists of Pandaria.
11 Are Purchased From The Blizzard Store
- Wind Rider Cub - $24.99
- Gryphon Hatchling - $24.99
- Guardian Cub - $10
- Cenarian Hatchling - $10
- Lil' KT - $10
- Lil' Ragnaros - $10
- Lil' XT - $10
- Moonkin Hatchling - $10
- Pandaren Monk - $10
- Soul of the Aspects - $10
- Core Hound Pup - $6.50
Blizzard controls the price on these,
but don't forget that you can use your Diablo 3 RMAH earnings to purchase these. ("Maybe in the future" they will allow Battle net balance purchases.) Guardian Cub is still BoE and can also be picked off of the auction house.
8 Come From Collector's Editions
- Panda Cub (World of Warcraft CE)
- Netherwhelp (Burning Crusade CE)
- Lurky (Burning Crusade CE) EU Only
- Frost (Wrath of the Lich King CE)
- Lil' Deathwing (Cataclysm CE)
- Lucky Quilen Cub (Mists of Pandaria CE) MoP
- Mini-Thor (Starcraft II CE)
- Fetish Shaman (Diablo 3 CE)
Yet another reason that Collector's Editions may see a spike in demand. Flipping Collector's Editions For Profit is something that some players do to use their goblin wisdom to turn a profit in the real world.
6 Are Purchased With Prize Tickets (90) At The Darkmoon Faire
- Darkmoon Balloon
- Darkmoon Cub
- Darkmoon Monkey
- Darkmoon Tonk
- Darkmoon Turtle
- Darkmoon Zeppelin
You've got just a couple more Darkmoon Faires to finish collecting tokens and get more pets before Mists of Pandaria will be here on September 25th, 2012.
6 Are From BlizzCon or Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals
- Murky (BlizzCon 2005)
- Lucky (Blizzard WWI 2007)
- Mini Tyrael (Blizzard WWI 2008)
- Grunty (BlizzCon 2009)
- Deathy (BlizzCon 2010)
- Murkablo (BlizzCon 2011)
Good luck finding these codes. If you do, the prices have probably already gone up even higher with them making the rares list.
3 Are Gated Behind The Molten Front Dailies
- Crimson Lasher - (1200 gold)
- Hyjal Bear Cub - (1200 gold)
- Searing Scorchling - (Zen'Vorka's Cache)
As if the grind to unlock the vendors wasn't enough torture, you can continue running the daily quests and buying the Cache in hopes of this rare pet being inside.
2 Are WoW Anniversary Rewards
- Baby Blizzard Bear (WoW 4th Anniversary)
- Onyxian Whelpling (WoW's 5th Anniversary)
If you don't already have them, you aren't getting them.
14 Are Rare Drops
- Azure Whelpling
- Crimson Whelpling
- Dark Whelpling
- Fox Kit
- Gundrak Hatchling
- Hyacinth Macaw
- Razzashi Hatchling
- Sprite Darter Hatchling
- Phoenix Hatchling
- Disgusting Oozeling
- Mr. Grubbs
- Tiny Shale Spider
These are some of the best ones on the list to look out for on the auction house as many of these are BoE. Maybe you can grab some extras before others realize they are on the master rare battle pet list. Here are a few tips to help farming for dragon whelplings.
6 Are From Various Miscellaneous Sources
- Kirin Tor Familiar - (Higher Learning Achievement)
- Murkimus the Gladiator - (Arena Tournament Participation)
- Dark Pheonix Hatchling - (Guild Reward For United Nations Achievement)
- Panther Cub - (Zul'Gurub Dungeon Quest Chain Reward)
- Pebble - (Therazane Dailies)
- Lumpy - (Grinch Killing Daily Present Drop During Feast of Winter's Veil)
- Ethereal Soul-Trader
- Eye of the Legion
- Gregarious Grell
- Hippogryph Hatchling
- Landro's Lichling
- Landro's Lil' XT
- Nightsaber Cub
- Purple Puffer
- Rocket Chicken
- Sand Scarab
- Spectral Tiger Cub
- Tuskarr Kite
The only way to get these loot codes is to play the loot code lottery by buying TCG packs or buying the codes from eBay, Amazon, or other retailers. OR you could also get lucky and win a code from a giveaway or contest.
Be sure to check out the cheap prices on these loot code pets at Amazon. Many are cheaper than the Blizzard Store pets! I have a few of these I got from Amazon to give away later too. I just gave away a Gregarious Grell on The Eviscerated Gaming Podcast and a Purple Puffer here at Cold's Gold Factory.
There you have it folks. The master companion list of pets turning into rare battle pets has been broken down to show you what the sources are for all of these pets. Be sure to stock up on whatever you can find and don't forget that you can collect these on multiple characters and they will be mailed back to you once Mists of Pandaria launches in late Septemeber.
Continue To Newer Post On Battle Pet Pricing Discrepancies & Warnings For Buyers & Sellers.
Enjoy The Posts Here at Cold's Gold Factory?
Check out some of my Squidoo lenses: Alliance Vs Horde - Come Vote! | Diablo 3 Gifts For Gamers | Getting Started Podcasting 101 | Play Money by Julian Dibble | Auction House Junkies | Fluxx - My Fav Card Game